Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Time for the Sufferfest!!! Finally


1st off I would like to throw a shout out to my beautiful Mary. Big "PR" at the Tulsa half marathon last weekend. (1:38:00). On top of that it was the third week out of the last month that she was traveling,(Hawaii, Napa,and Tulsa) and she did it with zero taper. Someone is gonna freakin kill it at PF Changs in Jan.

Oh, and by the way, this is race week for me. 2008 Ironman Arizona part II. This will be my third Ironman of 2008, and this will be the one I have been dreaming about for the last year. I don't normally like to make public statements about my race predictions, (bad luck, and all that stuff) So I will just say I have several goals going into sunday. A) Most importantly to get a Kona slot for next Oct. B) Go under 10hrs for the first time. C) Place myself on the podium for my age group. Rest assured I will give it to myself all day and hope to grab hold of those goals I have set for myself.

This week is normally the worst week of training for me. My training is so tiny that I get weird.

This time around I know that I am the most prepared that I have ever been for an Ironman race. That is all I could ask of myself. Now I am ready to go out sunday with an inner confidence

that I have have never felt. So keep your fingers crossed for me, and about 3pm on sunday throw me a little extra energy, thats when I will need it the most (about the half way mark of the marathon)!!

Cheers

No comments: