Thursday, December 11, 2008

Blah, blah, blah


so you can tell by the frequency of my blogs that I haven't had a lot of excitement going on recently. I am in the 3rd week of my recovery from Ironman Arizona, and Just started this week getting serious and structured workouts again. Well kinda!!
I actually woke up on monday and had a bike and a run on my schedule, but because Mary had the day off and didn't have to be out running at 5am I decided to stay in bed with her and enjoy not having to actually be somewhere. So I skipped my ride and just went for my run 1 1/2 later. So nice to be able to do that.
I have been feeling really motivated with my running, but not so much with the bike or swim. There is One thing I have know for sometime about myself, and that is I NEED to have some goal ahead of me, I don't do well with too much rest and without direction. Seeing that I don't have any tri's until April, but with several larger runs before hand I guess I have just migrated towards running, that and the fact that I enjoy running the most!!! Also up until tuesday of this week I have been able to swim outside, but as of tuesday the 60 degree water was not any fun for swim workouts without my wetsuit, so now I am inside swimming until spring, and I HATE SWIMMING INSIDE!!!!! I hate it so much that I actually swam 750 meters in that water on tuesday before giving up and going inside to finish my workout. Just for the record I may have been a little chilled from my early morning ride in the cool & dark. So I may try it outside yet again this week on saturday!!

Sunday is a BIG day in our house, it is Mary's B-day and she is racing a half marathon,(The Fiesta Bowl 1/2), which I am attempting to pace her through. She has been running well and has came such a long way. I am so excited for her and the big day in just over 5 weeks. Look out Boston we are on our way!!!!

For now that is it, Remember Ironman world championship is on NBC this saturday, I will be there next year! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: