Thursday, May 13, 2010

I have been a little distracted.


I have been away from the blog for some time. For me my blogging goes hand in hand with the feeling of accomplishment and hard work. Don't ask me why, just seems to work that way.
So I have a few things to finally share. Not sure where to start so I will just jump right in!!
March- seemed to just fly by. We had a great, (but way to short), to Oceanside California to tackle what has become an annual event for Mary and myself. After a 5ish hour drive to the coast with friends (Kata, Nick & Kevin) following us in car #2, we arrived at MY ocean. A quick stop off at the packet pickup (right on the ocean) and then a check in at our condo for the next 48hrs. (again, right on the ocean), and at the start and finish line of the IM 70.3 race. Pizza and a beer for dinner (right on the water), and an early to bed.
Race morning started early as usual, but it was sure nice to be 100 yards from transition. I went into the race a little under prepared on the bike, and a little over prepared on the run. All in all my day went so, so. I biked a little faster than last year, and ran a little slower. Go figure!, my over all time ended up a few seconds faster than the previous year. Mary on the other hand smashed the course for a huge course "PR". After wards we had two things on our minds 1- get Mary a slot to Canada, and then get us all some Margaritas!! and so we did, and then some. We all followed that up with a little (not so midnight, swim in the Pacific) it was actually like 9pm.
Mary made it all the way to 9:37pm before passing out on our bed for the night. Great time had by all. Next morning we where up bright and early and on our bikes to our favorite little breakfast/coffee shop, Buccaneers (right on the Ocean). Unfortunately the end of breakfast marked the end of the Ocean, and it was time to pack the cars and drive back to Phoenix. All in all it was a great weekend and we will be back

No comments: