Thursday, January 5, 2012

What? it's 2012 already???


I know it has been a LOOOOOng time between blog post. I must get better I know.
So a little 2011 review:
Swam- 539,700 meters
Biked- 7935 miles
Ran- 2013 miles
(Next Year will be better on the bike and the run)!!!
Raced:
3 - 1/2 marathons
1- 50K Trail race (1st ultra, at night)
3- 1/2 Ironman (70.3)
2- Ironman (140.6)
2-5k's
(This to, will be much better next year) Smallest amount of racing in a decade!!!
Travel:
Oceanside, Ca
Monterey, Ca
San Diego, Ca (Meg's first trip to Cali and the ocean)
Coeur D Alene, ID
Show Low, AZ
Flagstaff, AZ
Kona, HI
I saw my wife and myself run our first ultra distance trail races (50k), also cheered from home as Mary completed her first 50Mile trail race.
Then had the joy of watching my women set new PR's at 5k, 4mile, 1/2 marathon, 1/2 Ironman, & marathon distances!!! Freaking Amazing. So proud of Mary :))))
There where so many great times in 2011, but now I say bye-bye!! Last year is so..., last year.
On to 2012:
No resolutions, just a few cool things I hope to see happen:
Jan- qualify again for the Boston Marathon with Mary at Rock N Roll Arizona Marathon
Feb- Set a PR and win the masters division at the Pemberton 50K trail race.
March- Set a course PR at Oceanside 70.3
April- Train my ass off on hills
May- Win the "Knott family throw down" divison at Ironman St. George
May- Recover enough from IM StGeorge to be able to run Rim2rim2rim at The Grand Canyon
June - Keep Smashing myself in 115 degrees in prep for Ironman Arizona
July- same as June in addition to traveling to Tahoe to watch/pace Mary for the 50 miler
August- Set a course PR at the Mountain Man 1/2 Ironman in Flagstaff, AZ
Sept - Set a course PR at Deusec Wild 1/2 IM in Show low, AZ Oct- Finish the smashing of ones self for said IMAZ
Nov- Set a new Ironman PR at IMAZ (weather permitting) :)))) & get that Kona slot for 2013!!!
Dec- Celebrate the off season and our 3rd wedding anniversary (Not in Gilbert)!!!
That is it for now. See you on the race course!!!

1 comment:

FindingKona said...

I vote somewhere cold and snowy for our anniversary! Jackson hole? XOXO