Monday, September 15, 2008

10 Weeks and counting!!!!!!!!

So riding such a high all last week after witnessing Hillary Biscay's first Ironman Victory. read her report @ http://hillarybiscay.wordpress.com/ ,I went through a week of unbelievable mental focus, I was so on it was scary, I actually had to dial myself back a few times, I was just smashing myself every workout!! Thanks Hillary!!!
I wrapped up my week with a trail 10K race. Now I had to be smart here, my achilles is still shit and that course is totally not good for me, so my plan was to just treat it as a tempo run, and no faster than 6:00 miles. I was very happy to see I was between 5:56 and 6:05 ish the entire race, I never let me self get caught up in things and felt so good. Amazing how much better you feel when you don't cross over into that last 5-10% of your limits. Afterwards I just keep running to complete my 12miles on my schedule. then off I dashed to my Felt to ride back to gilbert lifetime ((40miles) ,to meet Mary at the pool for our sprint swim workout (3000 meters), we finished up in time to get some luch and head home for a nap, I got 30minutes before leaving for my massage, and Mary got to sleep for about an 1 1/2hrs.
Mary starts her Official marathon training today. Got get em girl, I will be there to help when you need me, (just ask)!!!
Peace out!!!

No comments: