Thursday, September 4, 2008

ON to Wisconsin!!!!!!

Not alot report from the home front for me, just training solid and trying to get closer to the big day.
I have a couple of things to side track me which is good, I am so excited about Ironman Arizona in Nov I just want to get there already. Until then the little things keep my mind off it. This weekend we head to the land of Mooo's and beer for a little thing called Ironman Wisconsin. In the mean time Mary and I will volunteer at the finish line, meet up with some old friends, and get some good hill training running through the Arb.,as it is called in Madison.
Today I had my 1 1/2 tempo run. I have been feeling stronger by the week with my running, the achilles still is the same, but I have just learned to deal with it and the bright side (knock on wood) is that it isn't getting worse!!!! So I started off on my normal tempo run route, I felt decent from the start, not great but decent. As usual I do my two mile warm up and then starts the suffering. I was able to keep my tempo pace at between 6 and 6:15, so within my range of acceptance. finishing up keeping everything else at as close to 7:00 min pace as possible, so alittle faster some a little slower, but again decent. My range I shoot for is 6-6:09 pace.
Then it was off to bike ez for an hour, my 5th day in a row on the bike, with yet one more day tomorrow before leaving town. from sunday through today I have logged about 250miles on the bike, so the legs are ready for a little break.
I will check back in next week after Wisconsin!!
Cheers to all!!

No comments: