Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Anniversary Babe!!!


So today is a very happy special day in my mind and heart. It is Mary and my anniversary.

It has been 4 years today that Mary and I finally got to know each other at the 2004 Chicago marathon. The Chicago Marathon needless to say, holds a very special spot in our hearts.

So tonight we will go have so Pizza at Mary's favorite place (NYPD), and just relax for a little while. I know it sounds very low key and simple for an anniversary celebration, but thats the way we like it. Hell, tomorrow we both have to do our long runs, and mine is a 22miler!!! Yikes.

So a little carbs will be helpful.

The down side of today is that tomorrow my beautiful bride leaves me for Hawaii for a week.

I know she will have fun will her sis, and mom, so i am happy for her, but I will be lonely without my Mary!!! I mean come on, who else will listen to my mindless talk about training paces and sore this and that!!! Not to mention the last time she was gone I had the worst bike ride of my life. You can read about that in my past blogs.

As for my training, well I am at the end of a VERY long three week cycle. by 3pm on sunday I will have done almost 900miles on the bike, 25miles in the pool, and 150miles running in just 21 days. I am feeling so strong, but am ready for a little recovery week next week before my final push to the taper.

Keep you posted!!

No comments: