Thursday, October 23, 2008

Just Focusing!!!!!


Yes I have been away from the blog for a while.

It has been a very crazy and productive couple of weeks.

Mary has went and came back from a week in Hawaii with the girls. I missed her horribly but needed to be here with my mind focused on Nov 23rd. and the suffering that needed to happen to get me prepared for the big day. Funny how the one week that I actually got to recover I felt much worse than when I am out there giving to myself everyday. Note to self, No more recovery weeks!! HA!

This week has been very eventful, I had Meg's big 10th B-day on tuesday, but not until I spent 8 1/2 hours on the bike and running first. Today I turned around and had my long run for the week of 19miles. Ran the first 7ish miles with Mary while she was doing her Tempo portion of her morning run. It was awesome to not only run with someone, but to have it be with my Mary made it even that much more sweet. See I Never ever ever get to run with anyone. The only recent time I can remember actually running with someone more that a mile was April IMAZ when I came up :11 seconds short of qualifying for Kona. (Needless to say this will NOT happen again), I have spent months with myself and finding that next level of suffering i needed to find. Being able to suffer beyond the point of suffering. It is that last 2% or so of suffering that makes all the difference. Just watch, check back here after Nov 23rd and I WILL show everyone!!!

Anyway back to this mornings run, One wish I have always had is that as I get older (slower), and Mary gets faster, that we will actually be able to spend my later years running together. It was so cool to see how far she has come with her running. I prefer to look at it only as Mary getting faster, instead of me actually getting slower. Mary has worked soooo hard for this marathon, she is without question going to rock the shit out of the Rock n Roll marathon in

Jan.

Well this weekend is kinda of a bonus weekend, I get to add a little extra mileage and intensity to my week. Soma 1/2 Ironman is sunday, i will plan on trying to really focus on the swim and the bike, the run will be a hard effort not a race effort. Need to save that for the day 4 weeks later!

On my run this morning I actually counted 4 or 5 niggles that I have going on when i run from my achilles on one side to my hip flexor on the other. So I must be smart enough to save it on the run!! ONE more big week next week, and then I can start to look towards the long awaited taper!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

1 comment:

FindingKona said...

Thanks for the shout out! It was awesome running with you! Nice to listen to someone else's foot steps and breathing for a change. Love you!