Friday, June 12, 2009

They say it's your birthday!! Nah, nah,nah!!!

Now this is a BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!
Yes it is June 12th!!! My 41st b-day. So at 9:27 pm this evening will actually be the 2132th week that I have been on this earth.

The cool thing about a persons birthday is that you just feel like you have a little more spring in your step, and many of the worlds worries are kinda forgotten for a day.

My money issues, my car issues, that house needing cleaned, the fact that I haven't shaved in a few days, etc... They will all be there tomorrow, so i will deal with it on June 13th! :) or not!

It is also a great day to reflect on life, and all the life experiences that one has had.

I try not to think what if??? You make choices in life that at the time you coud never fathom will shape your future they way they do. You can't forsee how things workout, and you never make a choice at the time that seems like a bad idea. It is so easy to say I wish I could have, or would have, but in the end you have to be happy with your choices, because without those paths one has taken you wouldn't have ended up with all the great experiences and people that are in your life at the current.

As a person who probably would have ended up playing Major League Baseball and having more $$ than i could ever imagine, but I made choices that took me another way when several of my friends followed the path and did so. If I hadn't made the decisions I made at that time in my life i would never have ended up in Wisconsin, would have never meet my ex wife, would have never had my beautiful daughter Megan, and would have never ended up in Illinois and meeting my lifes true love and best friend Mary! So even though it seems like sometimes you take the wrong paths and make bad choices, you have to let life play out and appreciate it for what it is.

I truely am fortunate and would never go back and change a thing!!

1 comment:

FindingKona said...

Happy Birthday, baby! Another awesome year of a life worth living!