Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 11!!

Yes today was day 11 of my attempted come back. The first week was pretty rough both physically and mentally. The one is obvious, but the mental part I didn' t really expect. I thought shit everything will be great once I can start to workout again. I never thought I would feel like I had never run before, and I never thought I wouldn't be able to use my right arm properly. Just figured as soon as the clavicle was good to go all would be back to normal. WOW, how wrong I was!!
I have finally just in the last couple of days started to feel like I may actually be able to run right again. The biking has gone the best of all, I really didn't feel a huge drop off. The real concern now is when and if I am going to be able to start swimming. I have now 7 1/2 weeks until Kona, and haven't swam a stroke in over 5 weeks. So thus the mental part again. Thinking starts to go like this: here I am now killing myself to get my bike and run back to pre wreck, and if I can't finish the swim than it is for nothing, and of course I can't finish the swim until I can actually start the swim. Damn!!!
The good news is that Mary starts taper in 4 more days, and then 3 weeks later we head off to IMWI where I get to watch and train while Mary goes for the gold. It will be nice to get away for a while and with my fingers still crossed, be able to put some good swim/bike/run training in.
So tomorrow will be two full weeks of rehab at Endurance with Matt (the scrapper), I sure hope next week will include me in the water starting to not drown!! :))

No comments: