Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Feeling Old...?

Or maybe it is just that I am just over 3 weeks from my next Ironman, on top of the fact that I just did an Ironman 6 1/2 weeks ago. I think I was ready to race about 10days ago, now I have to be smart get healthy and rested and be ready again in 3 weeks. My shoulder hurts when I swim, my quads are shot from doing 6-7 hr bike rides with nothing but climbing more hills/mountans than I ever have before, and my achilles is sore whether I am running or not!!!
Yes I do turn 40 in like two weeks, so maybe it isn't that I have been training/racing Ironman without a break for over a year and half. (Nah, can't be that), maybe I am not training hard enough!!!!
The last couple days have been pretty typical! Sunday I ran 20miles @ a slower pace than normal (7:20), because of my achilles issue. Then yesterday I did a bike/run brick workout, which is a 6hr ride through the mountains, followed by a 7mile run. This morning woke up and did a killer anaerobic swim workout of 4100 meters and a short 6mile run before work.
So at this point I am sitting at work using an ultrsound machine on my achilles (thanks to my PT friend Carson).
maybe tomorrow I will take and easy day? Probably not!!!

No comments: