Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Getting my shit back to normal!?


Well I am 3 days into my 1st recovery week in my training cycle for Ironman Arizona Part Duex.
After a couple of months of not be quite right, I have really started to feel more like my self the last 2 weeks or so. Little things that mean big things are starting to show themselves. Knock on wood I have learned how to manage my achilles issue. It is not great, but it is use able. I just have to do the smart things. My bike legs are feeling extremely strong, I had been thinking this for about a month or so, but because I haven't raced or rode with anyone since IMCDA it is hard to really compare myself to others, but last weekend I did my 1st group ride in around a year with the Triclub guys, and I pulled for the entire day, never once having any of the guys that I used to have to struggle to just stay up with come to the front. That was fine with me, one of my issues with group rides is "I DO NOT " want to sit on someone else's wheel, you can't do it in Ironman so why get lazy and into bad habits in training?
In addition my running legs have FINALLY came around in the last 14 days or so. Funny, it seems like once I made myself get out of my comfort zone and push my pace to where it wasn't so much fun, I finally started seeing improvements in my pace at all distances short and long.
About Damn time!!!
So now what about the swim thing? Well, it kinda comes and goes, I have been tinkering with my stroke (as usual) trying to become more efficient. Mary continues to kick my ass, but I realized she is actually getting MUCH faster, so if I just stay where I am than that means I also have improved. RIGHT? Well I will keep working on it and just try to not cost myself my race in Nov because of a horrible 1st leg!
I will continue to enjoy my recovery week, and I look forward to giving it to myself again next week. The fact that I am looking forward to the next training phase in a good mental sign!!!
XO BEAV

No comments: