Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My newest Photo press release?!


So I am not sure exactly why, but all of a sudden (the last 2 weeks) I have gotten much faster in the pool!?
Yesterday I swam the 2nd day in a row, monday i did a nice aerobic workout of 3600meters, and then yesterday Mary swam with me for my 3600meter Anaerobic swim. She always pushes me when we swim together, and makes it hurt so good. Well for the first time in a long time, and actually maybe ever, I swam all of the long sets below 1:30 per 100 pace! Now of course I wake up this morning, kinda excited because I get to swim my third workout in a row this week, and then I have my favorite cycle class at the gym. So happens that both the swim and bike class today are sprint workouts. Meaning, anaerobic, I love that word! With Ironman training you get kinda tired of aerobic long this and aerobic long that! So anyway, I was very suprised to find myself doing my swim workout at 1:21-1:24 per 100meters. That is all out for me, but I haven't hit those numbers in a super long time, and that was probably with totally rested arms. Whatever I am doing in the water I just want to get doing it. LOOK OUT IRONMAN AZ!!!
As for the cycle class, well it was my favorite class with my NEW favorite instructor (Julie Ann)
she really is great a motivating, she gets in my head and challenges me to push myself. Today she basically challenged the entire class to try to keep up with me, and do what I did, when I did it! Needless to say, that was a green light to hammer the piss out of the rest of the class! Sorry cycle class, it is not my fault!!! Blame Julie Ann!!! I basically came out of the saddle and made everyone push the pace, at the same time adding load every 20 seconds until their heads popped off. Man it was fun! Did I mention it was also my 4th day in a row of biking? My bike legs are getting stronger everyday. Damn! I can't wait until November!!!

1 comment:

FindingKona said...

You only think you can't swim fast! Clearly you can. Start believing you are a swimmer and then see what happens!