Monday, June 9, 2008

Bike/Run Brick Naked!!!

Now that I have your attention!
It is 13 days from Ironman CDA, and as unsure about my health as i was just 2 days ago, I am now very confident. Saturday I did a faster paced 13 miler as part of my taper, and the achilles actually didn't suck!! The real test though was to be sunday, because running on back to back days for the last three weeks has been are REAL problem. Mary and I awoke later than normal (6:20a.m.) man is it nice to sleep in. We where to do about a 4hr bike at higher heart rate, followed by a 30 minute run also at a higher intensity. Mary and I did a warm up of about an hour until we got out into the Indian Res. where we could really cut loose and not have to worry about cars. At that point I did the next 2:45:00 at 22-23 mph. It felt sooooo good to be flying again instead of crawling up another mountain, which is all we have been doing for about 8 weeks. We arrived home within about 5 or so minutes of each other and Mary was off on her run just as I was pulling in the drive, she was look sexy as usual, so my goal was change fast and take off after her. I was to try to catch her by the time we got back home. 15 minutes out and 15 minutes back. When I exited the neighborhood she was already about 1.25 miles ahead of me, and amazingly enough my Achilles stopped hurting within about .25 of a mile, so I figured I would push it a little harder and try to catch her, but when we passed each other, (Mary coming back, and me still 1 mile behind her with only 1.25 miles for her to get home I decided to ease up a little, no way to catch her even at my fastest pace, and I was enjoying running pain free for the first time in about three weeks, so why hurry. I rolled in about 4 minute behind as Mary was still stretching (and still after 5hrs in 102 degree temps, look at as beautiful as if she just got out of the shower), what a lucky man I am. Fingers crossed i will wake up Monday and my Achilles will still be attached!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

FindingKona said...

Thanks baby! You were looking pretty hot yourself. :)