Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Loving the Taper & Turning 40 tomorrow!!

Wow! Slept in until after 6am two days in a row. It is nice to feel a little lazy and now it is actually part of your training cycle. Yesterday was 105 degrees here in the Valley of the Sun, but the real news was that it was snowing, and sticking in Idaho where Mary and I have our Ironman in 11days. I am so excited, I love extreme conditions!!!
Anyway, yesterday Mary and I did I nice little hour or so spin on the bike, I needed to test out one of my sets of race wheels, and then we headed out to One of the few lakes here in the desert for an open water swim in our race day gear. After two nice loops around the bay (30mins) we wher out of those damn wetsuits and headed for lunch. So refreshing to have in two workouts and be showered and at lunch before 11:30a.m.
We are getting dangerously close now. Our bikes get shipped friday!! Hope I have everything ready to crush that bike course!!! I will be 40years young tomorrow, and my gift to myself is my last bike/run brick before heading to Coeur d' Alene for the big day!!! Fingers crossed, I will be in Kona in Oct.

No comments: