Thursday, June 12, 2008

You say its your birthday, its my birthday too!!


The most amazing thing happened today, I woke up 40 years old, and I am sure at least 11 seconds faster in the Ironman!!!

Yes when some people go buy themselves something expensive or even go out a drink themselve into a tizzy, I gave myself a birthday present of biking 40 miles for my age and then running 4 miles today. I know most people just look at me like they feel sorry for me, that is the best you could do for a gift? They just don't get it! It is an exciting thing because it allows me to be outside in 105 degree weather doing what I love. It also marks the last real bike ride before my next Ironman race. Mary and I took our bikes to the local shop to prepare them to be shipped tomorrow to Idaho for the big day next weekend. http://www.ironmancda.com/, come check us out online June 22nd!

Anyway, in addition to that I gave myself the gift of leaving work two hours early tonight so as to have a nice romantic dinner with my TRUE LOVE, (Mary). We couldn't go after work, because birthday or not, we have to be in bed by 8pm as usual!!!

In closing, I must say, I kinda have that feeling of "the cat that ate the mouse", the "I have a secret that know one else knows about", feeling.

Yes I am 40 now, and I must say, I really do feel different, I feel so much faster and stronger than I did yesterday. I can't wait to get to Idaho!!!!!!!!!! Even if the water temp is only 49 degrees...

Stay tuned!!!!!!!!

No comments: