Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Allez! Allez!!!

Ok! I have been watching to much of the Tour, other than watching the Tour and training through some of the worst weeks in Phoenix to do so, not much else has been inspiring enough for me to blog about!
You see my blogging tends to go along with my work out mood. that is if my work outs are going well then I tend to blog more, and if my work outs are sucking then I am not motivated to blog!!
So based on my blogging the last several weeks in is apparent that my mind has not been just right. I have several toughts on why, but no excuses. The truth is that my achilles injury has really concerned me, but it is time to just suck it up and put it out of my mind. The other problem has been that there is too much time in between my last Ironman and my next. I know that sounds crazy, but I had been getting used to racing more frequently.
Well the inspiration to blog came very unexpectedly today. I awoke with a hotter than hell 7 mile run, that I actually was able to get some of the miles back down to around 6;20pace. Still a long way from where I want to be , but looking up a little. Then I jumped on the bike for a hot,windy , and fairly uneventful 2hr ride. That is until about half way through the ride I am out in the desert in a fairly rural area when I notice a taxi go flying past me, then about 50yards ahead of me he pulls off the road into the dirt and jumps out of his cab. I thinking what the hell, is this guy lost and looking for directions? Just as I get close to him, he runs over to the side of the road stands like a statue with his arm out. He is holding out an ICE cold bottle of water for me to grabas I pass him! I grabityellout a thank you, he jumps back in his taxi and off he goes!!!
How damn random can you get??? It made my ride though, I laughed about it the entire way home and told Mary when I got home and she just about wet her pants laughing!!!
So here is to the AAA taxi driver that has been watching the Tour also!!!
Thanks Dude!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: