Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Ironman Gods want me back!!!!!!!!!!

Thats right. I am supposed to be in a 3 week active recovery period after my 2nd Ironman of the season. The problem is, the Ironman gods don't want me to rest!!
I know this because, if I sleep in and don't at least go do two (easy) workouts each morning I wake up the next morning with a head ache. Just like those days years ago when I finally cut cafine out of my diet. I guess I just replaced that drug with another one, and even though i knew that I have an addiction to working out and pumping up my endorphines, I hadn't realized that it actually caused my body to revolt if I tried to skip out on a workout.
I also know that the gods are trying to trick me to come back to soon, because all of a sudden my legs aren't cashed 24/7. Hell I was able to jump into a spin class yesterday with Claudia, it happened to be one of my favorite classes, (Anerobic threshold intervals), this means you get to go as hard as you can for basically an hour!! Ok, well that may not be what the entire class was to do, the word interval indicates taking a break before going like hell again, but with the gods talking to me and my fresh legs I decided to see if I could stay above my threshold (174ish) for the entire class. Well Claudia, who is from Mexico and has a very strong accent (so you basically can't understand anything she is saying with the music blarring) brought out her tunes, which are always old school tunes that I love, I knew it was gonna be an awesome workout. I rocked the class and everyone thought i was a total freak (I love this) It started with AC/DC, and ended with Quiet Riot (bang your Head), she pulled that one out of her ass, what a great tune.
I burned 757 calories and keep my avg heart rate for the class (including the warm up of 5 minutes) at 167bpm. It felt so damn good!!!!!!!!
I know the Ironman Gods where pleased with themselves!!!!!!!
This weekend the most beautiful women in the world, (Mary) and myself are taking 3 days away from the 115 degree weather, (we have already had 13 days over 110 degrees this summer, and it is only July 3rd) and are heading north to Sedona and then on to Flagstaff , where the temps are only high of 80. This will mark only the 2nd time in 4 years we have taken any type of vacation that didn't include traveling to a race of some sort. Even though we are not "In training"
we will still run everyday at 7000ft of elevation (oopps, I forgot to tell Mary about that part)
and we will feel a little guilty, but we will get over it. Ha!!! Ha!!! Ironman Gods!
Everyone have a awesome celebration of this great country this weekend. Also take a minute to throw a little positive vibe towards my buddy Kyle Alcorn whose is racing i Eugene Oregon this weekend at the olympic trials. If he finished top three at the finals of the 3000m Steeple Chase on saturday he is heading to his first Olympics!!!!!!!! GO KYLE!!!!!!!
Happy 4th everyone.

No comments: